Renown Health Hospital Operations Coordinator – RTOC in Reno, Nevada
Hospital Operations Coordinator – RTOC
Requisition id: 156467
Department: 200751 RTOC – Renown Transfer & Operations Center
Facility: Renown Regional Medical Center
Schedule: Full Time
Category: Clerical & Administrative Support
Under the general direction of the Renown Transfer and Operations Center (RTOC) Leadership,the RTOC Coordinator facilitates patient throughput logistics, bed placement, and support services for Telehealth home monitoring. This position communicates and collaborates with RTOC team, physicians, nursing units and other hospital departments. Provides support for the RTOC team while delivering quality service through team oriented and collaborative approach.
Nature and Scope
This position works closely with the RTOC Team, Nursing Coordinators (NAM), Triage Officer and Nursing Departments. This position acts as clerical support and is responsible for coordination of throughput logistics. This position requires telephone and prioritization skills that build confidence and rapport with their RTOC Team, nursing staff, and physicians.
This position performs the following functions:
· The ability to handle multiple demands and prioritize accordingly due to the complexity of tasks and demands at high-census times.
· The ability to be self-directed and escalate issues as needed.
· This position must demonstrate a high standard of courtesy, performance, diplomacy and respect for confidentiality.
Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
· Adopts a philosophy consistent with the Renown Standards of Conduct and models these standards.
· Ability to be diplomatic and communicate effectively in a team environment during stressful situations.
· Skills to anticipate customer needs, deal with the unexpected, establish priorities, investigate and adjust performance style when necessary.
· Must ensure all matter related to patient information are kept secured meeting confidentiality compliance standards set by The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to be flexible, includes the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast pace environment.
· Keeps track of hospital census/and bed availability to include turnover and patient flow
· Communicates with RTOC Team, Charge Nurses and Nursing Coordinators for proper placement of patients in beds according to medical necessity.
· Utilizing EPIC EMR to monitor and prioritize cleaning and transport requests.
· Participation in Lean/transformational care teams to improve functional process as it relates to improvement across the organization.
· Participates in departmental quality activities.
· Attends 75% of all scheduled staff meeting, unless excused.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum QualificationsRequirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience in Acute, Long Term Care or Physician Practice.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc. Must have a working knowledge of basic computer programs and have the ability to toggle between multiple windows.