IGT HR Business Partner in Reno, Nevada
HR Business Partner
Reno, NV, US, 89521
Requisition ID: 5385
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The People Partner works with assigned client groups to achieve business objectives through the creation and implementation of people related programs and initiatives that develop, motivate, and engage employees. Works with management to drive people focused initiatives including integrated talent management, performance management, compensation management, succession planning, and organizational development strategies as we further refine and expand our capabilities and processes.
This position requires the ability to work to tight timelines and partner well within the IGT organizations in an ever changing environment. This position will report to the lead People and Transformation Business Partner for IGT’s Reno campus and will perform the following functions:
• Handle all escalated employee relations issues and concerns and work with internal partners and senior leaders to determine resolutions. Utilizes established internal investigatory processes to ensure outcomes are fair, consistent and compliant with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
• Serves as a key point of contact for employee questions and concerns regarding company policies and procedures.
• Coach and consult with managers and team members on various people issues by:
identifying and clarifying problems;
evaluating and implementing solutions;
coaching and counseling managers and team members as needed.
• Assist in driving the annual performance and compensation review processes for assigned groups.
• Assist with regular leadership and succession planning sessions and implement action plans to ensure a succession ready bench and development of high potentials.
• Support fellow team members on projects that support designated client groups and/or company-wide people focused initiatives.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
First Year Goals
• Work closely with assigned employee groups and their management to drive identified strategic and tactical people practices into regular business operations.
• Establish rapport and create open lines of communication across functions and locations. Understand the drivers of employee engagement and work to continuously improve the work environment and organization culture.
• Guide teams on the consistent application of people focused polices and best practices.
• Support adoption of Diversity and Inclusion content and initiatives with assigned employee groups.
• Understand the IGT People Strategy and your role in helping to achieve its objectives.
• 2+ years of experience working for a large corporation supporting a large (300+) employee group. Experience supporting hourly manufacturing/logistics employee populations preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business Administration, or other related field required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and utilize data to influence business decisions. Understands where the data sits and how to combine it to support actions and decisions.
• Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and familiarity with continuous improvement practices.
• Full knowledge of legal implications of the employment relationship.
• HR Certification (SHRM or HRCI) preferred. If not already certified, must be willing to obtain certification.
• Manufacturing/Logistics industry experience.
• Strong time/project management skills and business acumen.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS systems. Intermediate or higher level of Excel skills will be well regarded.
Keys to Success
• Commitment to deliver high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
• Ability to accurately analyze and diagnose situations to recommend the best path forward; advocates for action to proactively address issues.
• Takes a positive approach in spite of obstacles; displays resilience in the face of resistance.
• Natural curiosity and desire to continuously learn and develop oneself professionally; seeks feedback as a means to improve.
• Constant focus to find better, more innovative ways of working; never satisfied with the status quo.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
- IGT Jobs