Air National Guard Units MANAGEMENT ANALYST in Reno, Nevada
This National Guard position is for a Management Analyst, Position Description Number D1379000, and is part of the Nevada Air National Guard, 152nd MXG. Its purpose is to analyze maintenance systems and data and present results to management. Incumbent controls and maintains the Management Information System (MIS). Develops factors to measure and predict capabilities of maintenance manpower, equipment, and facilities. Controls, develops, and coordinates maintenance data systems and requirements.
Learn more about this agency
- Analyzes maintenance data and presents results to management. Interprets findings from maintenance data and the use of statistical techniques. Identifies trends and significant deviations from plans, schedules, and workload estimates. Analyzes deficiencies in areas such as material consumption and training, workload, scheduling, management, and maintenance resources use. Analyzes impact on the maintenance mission and the results of corrective actions. Prepares written reports of analyses and studies. Briefs senior managers. Designs summary reports to meet recurring management needs.
- Controls and maintains MIS. Develops policies and procedures for MIS application within maintenance activities. Oversees the identification and correction of file errors within the database.
- Develops factors to measure and predict maintenance manpower, equipment, and facilities capabilities. Analyzes performance data to determine manpower, equipment, and facilities maintenance capabilities. Analyzes performance data to determine manpower, equipment, and facilities maintenance capabilities. Evaluates maintenance manning and equipment, materiel and facility limitations to determine the impact each has on unit and mission effectiveness. Isolates trends and determines materiel and personnel efficiency and effectiveness. Develops methods for improving maintenance planning and personnel efficiency and effectiveness. Develops methods for improving maintenance planning and programming procedures to ensure optimum use of maintenance resources.
- Controls, develops, and coordinates maintenance data systems and requirements. Determines data processing requirements and relates functional aspects to specific hardware and software capabilities. Controls automated management products retrieval and advises maintenance supervisor on automated information use. Identifies data system problems, coordinating with data automation monitors, and submits difficulty reports. Identifies new information requirements, submits information systems requirements documents, and coordinates with data system development services for implementing new programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Management
Conditions of Employment
Compatible military grade and assignment required. Non-prior service members must qualify and be enlisted into the Nevada Air National Guard prior to the effective date of placement and must obtain compatible AFSC within 12 months as a condition of continued employment.**In compliance with Title 32 United States Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Air force skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment: Enlisted: E1 - E7 DAFSC: Must obtain 2RXXX within 12 months of assignment.
*Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
Must Currently hold the Military Grade and be able to obtain the Compatible AFSC listed above within 12 months of appointment.
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Must maintain local network access IAW AFMANs 33-152, User Responsibilities and Guidance for Information Systems and 33-282, Computer Security.
Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific in describing your experience. EACH APPLICANT MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE -IN THEIR OWN WORDS- THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW; OTHERWISE, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and principles of management. Experience using computer and automation systems. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 24 months experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
- AREA OF CONSIDERATION: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE NEVADA AIR NATIONAL GUARD
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
No PCS funds are available.
This is a Bargaining Unit position.
Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
Military Incentives - Bonuses and Student Loan Repayment Program: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.?
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
ABILITY TO PLAN AND ORGANIZE THE WORK OF THE MAINTENANCE ANALYSIS SECTION.
ABILITY TO DEVISE NEW WORK METHODS.
ABILITY TO WORK WITH OTHERS.
KNOWLEDGE OF VARIOUS GO81 LISTINGS.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Your Resume - Your resume must show relevant educational and work experience fully supporting the required specialized experience including the dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of each employment.
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire.
- RIP (Record on Individual Personnel) uploaded to the required "OTHER" area of the online application manager. RIP must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application.
- Any supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.) used to support qualifications demonstrated in resume and/or required by Qualifications Required section.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the Occupational Questionnaire which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the Occupational Questionnaire, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
DO NOT Email applications directly to the HRO unless there are extenuating circumstances, Please Call the HRO contact listed in the event of extenuating circumstances.
Agency contact information
NV 152 MXO FT FN5Q 1776 National Guard Way Reno, NV 89502-4494 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510045100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/09/2018 to 12/15/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Salary: $50,598 to $65,778 per year
Appointment type: Temporary - Indefinite
Work schedule: Full-Time