SMG Operations Supervisor in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Operations Supervisor for SMG/Reno-Sparks Convention Center. Responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain, and service the facility and the events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Oversee daily housekeeping/custodial, set up, changeover, tear down employees and tasks assigned to completion
- Operate and control some equipment via computers
- Oversee, assist and direct employees who assist with event set up
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- A high school diploma or GED and at least one year of facilities operations experience.
- Maintain the proper operations of housekeeping equipment and change over equipment.
- Current driver's license is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Read and interpret documents, procedure manuals, floor plans, assignment sheets, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions for all areas of the department
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by company, local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility in all areas of the department
- Demonstrate knowledge in the practice and procedures related to all areas of custodial, event set up, tear down & change overs
- Possess a thorough understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for all the types of events anticipated at the facility
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, tenants and others encountered in the course of employment
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
- Knowledge of computers & programs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Operating a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
SMG -- Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 827-7620
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled