Anytime Fitness Personal Trainer in Reno, Nevada
We aren’t in search of people wanting a job. We want people who want a career and want to change lives through improving themselves and everyone around them.
If you can’t follow directions, just move on, we aren’t for you. Every application needs a cover letter with why you are the right fit for our company. No exceptions. If you can’t take the time to research us and what we do and stand for, you won’t ever make it. Period.
If you do make it, you start at the bottom and prove yourself. You are ok with being level 1. You are ok with being the bottom of the rankings. There is no seniority. There is no preferential treatment. The best move forward. The ones with consistency, Coach-ability, discipline, and those who improve are the ones who make the most and grow the fastest in our company.We are not for everyone.
Our community’s culture is unmatched in the fitness industry and is based on a select set of core values that we consider essential for each of our staff members. Our team will embody these core values with each and every member, client, and fellow team member.
Our coaches must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to create and conduct safe and effective exercise for a wide variety of participants. In addition, he/she must be comfortable and confident with fitness program design, program instruction, and influencing behavior change. The PT does this by servicing Fitness Consultations, Traditional (1-on-1) Training , Small Group Training, Virtual Training and additional programming opportunities as deemed appropriate by the individual club. Beyond the traditional roles described, the coach provides guidance, education, and encouragement and most importantly, develops relationships with all members to improve retention. Team Borden expects coaches to possess above average customer service skills and be on a mission to provide a “surprisingly personable experience” with everyone he/she meets. Coaches are responsible for the general upkeep of the club (equipment, restrooms, floor cleanliness), sales and marketing for programming, and proactive outreach to inactive members to assist in retention efforts.
What we offer:
- A 6 month performance evaluation period applies for all new hires at which point a pay raise would be considered based on performance.
- Robust compensation plan and bonuses after 90 days
- Guaranteed hourly administrative time plus ongoing commissions
- Medical benefits for full time employees
- 2 weeks paid time off per year
- Continuing education credits included
Future career opportunities within multiple local Anytime Fitness studios. Responsibilities:
Motivate and coach clients in a small group format, and traditional 1:1.
- Match Anytime Fitness personal training programs - in conjunction with the Personal Trainer’s expertise - with the member’s goals and abilities using our functional movement screen.
- Conduct fitness consultations and goal assessments to ensure the member’s goals are registered and prescribe proper coaching plan.
- Track, monitor and report each member’s progress while working to continue an ongoing personal training regimen with each client
- Successful Personal Trainers continue education of each member and create long-term relationships
All other duties as assigned Qualifications:
Current CPR, AED and personal training certification(s) is required and must be a nationally recognized certification such as NASM or ACE
- Previous PT experience is preferred
- Previous experience with fitness club management software (Club OS, Club Ready, Mindbody, apps like My Fitness Pal all a plus)
- Superior communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to connect with people while motivating them to achieve their goals. Clear understanding of teamwork is a must
- Desire to continually learn new principles in the areas of training, overall fitness, health and nutrition
Hands on training and experience in areas such as corrective exercise, post-rehab, and injury prevention, are a plus