SMG Purchasing Manager in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Purchasing Manager for SMG/Reno-Sparks Convention Center. Responsible for procuring goods and services to meet facility needs. Assists in maintaining inventory contract administration and capital project administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance and negotiates price and delivery of goods and services.
- Responsible for maintaining all files for maintenance contracts and provides the appropriate department head with timely notifications when contracts are to re-bid.
- Works with the Director of Operations on assigned capital projects and performs as a liaison between SMG and the City's Procurement Department.
- Ascertains that purchasing documents are properly completed and terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained and purchases are followed-up or expedited when required. Department records include price histories used to provide information on price variances.
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Analyzes facility purchasing needs and identifies effective and efficient solutions.
- Determines appropriate inventory levels and budgets often utilizing computerized tracking systems in conjunction with the Inventory Manager.
- Provides monthly updates on capital projects to the General Manager, the Director of Finance and the Director of Operations.
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to procurement and provides summaries, reports and recommendations on these subjects.
- Process invoices for payment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate business related degree preferred.
- Two to three years of purchasing experience in a public assembly facility preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Good mathematical, organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires minimal stooping and lifting. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer is required.
Incumbent works in an office setting with minimal adverse exposure to environmental hazards.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Ariel Popa SMG-Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19328
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled