Renown Health Senior Application Analyst in Reno, Nevada
Senior Application Analyst
Requisition id: 157185
Department: 100530 Enterprise Applications
Facility: Renown Health
Schedule: Full Time
This position leads in the analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of new and existing application systems used within Renown Health entities. This position partners with the user community to resolve technical problems, application performance issues as well as lead optimization and enhancement efforts. This position oversees the design, configuration, testing and supporting of files and system changes within assigned products and scope, including system administration functions. The incumbent in this position will be a primary contact for external users for designated product(s), and will assist in leading large projects. This position actively pursues research and development to ensure continued technology innovation for Renown aligned with our values and policies.
Nature and Scope
This position is responsible for a complex Healthcare System application environment that changes rapidly to meet the changing requirements of a growing enterprise of applications and is challenged with providing a reliable, flexible, and cost effective system environment.
The Senior Application Analyst:
• Encompasses the job duties of an Application Analyst, Project Manager, Application Specialist, Customer Support Specialist, Security Administrator, Educator and Customer Liaison.
• Provides technical support, education and maintenance for the assigned application(s) and interfaces in support of the entire Health System.
• Acts as the project manager for all assigned application and system upgrades.
• Leads the analysis, design, testing and implementation of new and existing systems for the assigned application(s).
• Collaborates with the organizational leaders to resolve technical problems, application performance issues as well as lead optimization and enhancement efforts.
• Manages all assigned application security.
• Supports the user community by addressing help desk calls related to the assigned application(s).
• Is responsible to serve as the conduit for submission of work requests applicable to the assigned application(s) and will facilitate a timely response to the requestor advising them regarding work scheduling; technical feasibility; technology compatibility; integration and interfacing.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum QualificationsRequirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Requires Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Computer Science. Requires knowledge of computer hardware, software, and peripherals. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
Requires at least eight years’ experience in IT Applications analysis, administration, or development. Project management experience is preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.