IGT Software Engineer Intern in Reno, Nevada
Req No. 17572BR
Job Posting Title Software Engineer Intern
Location NV - Reno
Employment Status Interns (Temporary)
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming.
First Year Goals
• Develop tools to streamline customer field issue investigation.
• Receive guidance from peers and managers over the technologies and methods used to develop our innovative products.
• Provide essential coding and testing of tools and gaming machines.
• See projects through their life cycle from initiation, development, testing, integration, and submittal to regulatory agencies.
• Help track down and fix field issues.
• Become part of the team that is utilizing the latest technologies to deliver innovative products to our customers helping further entrench IGT as the industry leader.
• Strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well individually and in teams
• Must be currently enrolled in a degree program with a 3.0 minimum GPA, preferably studying Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Social Security number required (for payroll purposes)
Special requirements needed Pass a background check
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.