Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Utility Engineer in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain all aspects of landscaping, swimming pool, sprinkler systems, etc.
- Inform management staff of problems requiring maintenance and report any equipment deficiencies.
- Pick-up garbage and debris from outside grounds, including parking lots, streets, and landscaped areas.
- Mow and trim lawns. Care for plants and trees; prune, fertilize, etc.
- Monitor, maintain and repair drip/sprinkler systems.
- Develop and redevelop landscape projects including rockscape, new lawn installations and planting of shrubs and flowers.
- Maintain existing fencing and install new fencing.
- Perform snow removal in the winter.
- Maintain and clean swimming pool, sand and spas. Perform daily chemical tests on same.
- Communicate with other shifts to ensure any follow-up on on-going projects in order to minimize down time.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed to include, but not limited to; lock-out-tag-out procedures, hot work permits, fire watch, etc. Learn, understand and apply all codes including, but not limited to; building, fire and health department.
- Respond to accident scenes, emergency calls (fire, smoke, etc.) and observe and assist Journeyman. Act as a maintenance representative for the Property Operations department.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance to provide guest satisfaction.
Previous Utility Engineering experience required. Candidate must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in commercial building maintenance and/or irrigation. Hotel experience a plus. Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a track record of performing each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
Department: GSR - Facilities
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 2