MV Transportation Utility Worker / Bus Washer / Fueler in Reno, Nevada
MV Transportation is seeking a Utility Worker for our Reno division who**will be responsible for the "overall" appearance and cleanliness of the fleet and/or the system shelters and transfer sites and will assist the maintenance department with the upkeep of the shop and operations facilities as well as provide assistance with the documentation of activities related to vehicle maintenance, fuel, and parts inventories. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Clean fleet interior and exterior.
- Fuel and fluid stores accurately inventoried.
- Clean work environment for all project staff including shop, lot, and operations office facilities.
- All vehicles completely fueled and fluids topped, ready for service at various times of day.
- Fuel and fluids inventories tracked and monitored.
- Fuel logs maintained accurately and up to date for each vehicle and type of fuel/fluid.
- Vehicle interiors cleaned according to contract.
- Vehicle emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, body-fluid kit, first aid kit) fully stocked and functional.
- Vehicles parked according to facility parking plan. All fleet damage documented and communicated to appropriate personnel in the case of unreported damage.
- Fuel Island maintained and kept clean, any spills contained immediately and reported to the appropriate personnel.
- Empty and replace trash can liners at bus stops, shelters and transfer sites.
- Power wash walkways and general areas near and around bus stops & shelters
- Power wash walkways/sidewalks at transfer sites.
- Work area maintained according to OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Office, break and restroom areas cleaned and trash disposed of properly.
- Maintain adequate stores and accurate inventory of cleaning supplies required.
- Provide assistance as necessary to shop staff in keeping parts inventories accounted for as well as in procurement of necessary parts for fleet and facility maintenance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effectively use and operate the tools and equipment required for the maintenance of large vehicles.
- Understand the theory, operation, learn and follow industrial and shop safety rules.
- Learn and effectively use personal computers and the company's software programs.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work independently under continual training and close supervision.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Work well with others.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule.
- Willing to learn.
- Available for training.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
This position requires availability to work various shifts on weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Reno, NV
Job Type: Automotive, General Labor, Installation - Maint - Repair
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 13/6/2018