Arrow Electronics Warehouse Operator II - III in Reno, Nevada
Warehouse Operator II - III
Position Summary :
The Warehouse Operator II is a multi-functional employee responsible for the effective handling and processing of electronic component customer orders in the Primary Distribution Center. Under general supervision the Warehouse Operator II performs both physical and administrative tasks that support the quality, picking, shipping, efficiency, and service goals of the Primary Distribution Center.
· A minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a warehouse environment
· Able to read printed numbers, letters, and symbols with a 5-point font size
· Know or Learn to effectively and safely operate facility material handling equipment (e.g.; forklift, pallet jack, Automated Storage & Retrieval system, carousel) and packaging equipment (e.g.; tape machine, pad pack machine) after applicable training period(s)
· Perform end-user computer functions (e.g.; data input, interpret information and instructions from computer screens) on Warehouse computer systems (e.g.; terminals and RF units)
· Ability to continually stand; regularly bend, twist, stoop, and reach; frequently handle, lift and push product and equipment up to 30 lbs.; occasionally handle, lift, and push product and equipment up to 50 lbs
· Basic math skills to be able to count quickly and accurately
· Work effectively and flexibly in a team environment
· Work required overtime as directed
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Must be comfortable working under productivity and quality standards
· Must be comfortable cross training on different rolls within the facility
· Respectful and team contributor (cleanliness and communication)
· Flexible work schedule as needed
· Work Hours: 12:30 - 9:00pm
*If selected for this position, the operator will be promoted to either a Level II or III position based on their current grade
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ON-LINE
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.