Pilot Thomas Logistics Class B CDL - Tank Wagon Driver ( Sparks, NV ) sign on bonus $1,500 in Sparks, Nevada
Pilot Thomas Logistics is a multi-state fuel and oil distributor that primarily delivers fuels and oils to both the wholesale and retail markets. We have terminals in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, North Dakota, Louisiana, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas, and Oklahoma. Our CDL truck drivers in these areas are responsible to safely haul refined fuels and oils from the pick-up point to our customers and/or to our bulk and warehouse facilities. This position is located in our Sparks, NV Terminal.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections
- Safely driving loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations
- Properly load and unload truck
- Properly handle, hook, and unhook hoses
- Safely operate pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings
- Safely use pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required
- Courteously work with managers, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers __
- Must have a Class A or B CDL with hazmat endorsements
- Must have a current DOT medical card
- Must have a 1 year fulltime verifiable tractor-trailer tanker experience
- No more than two moving violations in last 3 years
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to drive truck off road, and on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Able to properly install tire chains in snowy, icy, and muddy condition
- Able to pass an in-truck driving test
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able and willing to work long hours including day and night shifts
- Able to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks
- Able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Able to lift 50 to 100 lbs
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team_ Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. _While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
KEY INCENTIVES - Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
Job Start/End Date: 07-Dec-2018 to 05-Feb-2019 (EST)
Department: Tank Wagon Driver
Location: Sparks, NV, USA
Employment Type: Full Time