Sierra Nevada Corporation Software Engineer III in Sparks, Nevada
SNC's Enhanced Flight Vision Systems (EFVS) product line is experiencing dramatic growth and is changing aviation by allowing aircraft to be flown in Degraded Visual Environments (DVE). Through over a decade of development and investment, SNC has been instrumental in creation of the DVE market and is the clear leader in advanced DVE technology. If you are an engineer interested in a challenging and rewarding career developing systems that save lives and change how aircraft are flown, the EFVS product line may be the place for you.The Software Engineer - EFVS will join a development team responsible for the design and development of real-time radar control, sensor processing and image generation software within the SNC EFVS product line for military and commercial aviation.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Expert understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Proficient experience in solving applied math and/or computer science problems
- Interest in computer vision, machine learning, 3D signal processing, mathematics of data fusion
- Self-starter, flexible and adaptable with excellent verbal, communication and people skills
- 5+ years of daily hands on experience programming in C/C++ on an RTOS
- Technical Documentation and requirements based development a must
- Software Embedded Engineering a plus
- Familiar with tools: DOORS LDRA,Enterprise Architect is a plus
- Hands on experience leading the development of DO-178 compliant software is a plus
- Software development in realtime and writing requirements. Short term flight-testing DO178 testing experience.
- Experience in Matlab is a plus
- Experience in remote sensing is a plus
- Experience in modern OpenGL, shaders and 3D scene rendering is a plus
- Familiar with signal processing and computational geometry is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minor in Mathematics or Physics is a plus
In return for the above, you can expect challenging work alongside some of today's brightest engineers and scientists, competitive salary, industry leading benefits and excellent growth opportunities.
*This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Vet